Monday, February 06, 2006

Sometimes, being right can be such a bitch.

I have to admit: I like it when people prove me right. It's even more entertaining for me when those who most often tell me I'm wrong turn around and prove that my assessment is indeed correct. The events of the last few days, under ordinary circumstances, would make me as giddy as a schoolboy who had just made off with a double armload of candy.

Unfortunately, though, sometimes being right can be downright disenheartening.

People who have been reading my blog for a while, and people who know me in real life know that I have issues with religious fanatics. That is, of course, to put it mildly.

Blind fanaticism is a dangerous thing. Religious fanaticism is even more dangerous in that the fanatics are absolutely convinced they will go to Heaven (or Paradise, or Vahalla, or whatever you wish to call it) should they die in the persecution of their specific "holy" crusade. I've had this opinion for more years than I care to count, only to be told that I'm wrong.

To the naysayers, I direct your attention to the events unfolding between Denmark and the cult of Islam. In case you haven't been paying attention, Michelle Malkin has oodles and oodles of links and pictures - far more than I am willing to chronicle on my own humble little blog.

Many practitioners of the so-called "Religion of Peace" are up in arms - often violently so - over a few poorly drawn cartoons of an alleged "prophet". Personally, I am unable to comprehend how such poorly drawn caricatures can create such a massive and vulgar response. Hell, even the Secretary General of the Useless Nitwits has said things have gotten out of hand (not that the UN would actually attempt to bring about a lasting peace). Frankly, I've seen many things in much worse taste than these depictions of Mohammed, though I have to admit that it takes some serious effort to offend me.

As I mentioned, I usually enjoy being proven right. This time, however, I can only shake my head and utter those four words I really don't like to say: I told you so.

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Get Thunderbird

Listed on BlogShares

Who Links Here