Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Great Sucking Sound, Hollywood Style

Hat tip: Tammy Bruce.

A few months back, I made a post about what I termed to be the Vast Vortex of Suckitude. I made that post after having become disgusted with the serious lack of both originality and quality of films being turned out by Hollywood over the last few years.

It seems I'm not the only one making this observation. Hollywood is reporting its worst box office receipts in 15 years. The reasons being observed for this slump are the exact same reasons I mentioned in my previous post: remakes, sequels, video game themes, and big-screen bastardizations of 1970's television shows.

Maybe Hollywood should wake up to the vast amounts of horse manure it's putting out, and actually make an original flick for a change.

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Get Thunderbird

Listed on BlogShares

Who Links Here