Monday, October 17, 2005

And the young man learns...

...that Uncle Vic is always right.

A couple of weeks ago, I had mentioned that my nephew had been beaten up by his grandfather, and that I was going to be moving him into my home in order to get him out of that environment. I had also advised my nephew to file charges against his grandfather, and to not tell his grandparents that he was going to be leaving town. The reason I did this is because I knew the grandparents would cause trouble.

As it turns out, Dustin listens to me about as often as his mother used to listen to me - which is practically never.

Dustin got into a verbal confrontation with his grandmother earlier this week. When she started to demand that he never see his mother again, Dustin blurted out to Muriel what she could do with herself and that he was moving down to Houston to stay with his uncle. After the confrontation, Muriel called Dustin's probation officer and told her that Dustin was had been breaking his curfew by not coming home for days on end, and that Dustin had attacked his grandfather.

Needless to say, Muriel never told the P.O. that she and her husband have been kicking Dustin out of the house since he was 15.

On Wednesday, Dustin went to see his P.O. to ask if he could transfer down to Houston so that he could move in with me. The P.O. had cops there and took Dustin into custody. He was then given an option of going to jail for 5 years, or of going into a halfway house for 6 months. Naturally, Dustin chose the halfway house.

So, Dustin isn't here, as was planned. And the lesson he learned through all this is that Uncle Vic is always right.

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Get Thunderbird

Listed on BlogShares

Who Links Here