Sunday, March 05, 2006

Update on Star

For the last week or so, Star has been steadily getting worse. She was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday, and hasn’t made any improvement.

My sister-in-law, Tammy has been married to my brother for almost 6 years now, and has been taking care of Star every day since we got her moved to Abilene at the end of September. Since Star was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday, she’s been getting more confused and forgetful as the days go by. Today, Star didn’t recognize Tammy at all. She barely remembered Mike, who has been her boyfriend for more than three years now.

With my background in the medical field, I can immediately identify two things that could be wrong with Star, nether of which is pleasant. The first is a CVA, or stroke. The second, and the worst, is that the cancer has finally moved up into her brain. Both of these have been major concerns, especially since a tumor was found on the spinal cord in her neck.

I think we might be coming up on the end of this ordeal very soon. In a way, I’ll be glad when it’s over; Star’s long suffering will finally be done. But then, who knows; she’s already proven me wrong about this twice.

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Get Thunderbird

Listed on BlogShares

Who Links Here