Monday, November 28, 2005

Update

Wednesday, my sister was taken to the hospital to because she wasn't doing well at all. Turns out she's contracted pneumonia, which is a bad thing to have while undergoing chemotherapy. Add to this the fact that Star has cancer in her lungs, and you end up with a recipe for a serious medical problem. She was admitted to the hospital there in Abilene about the same time that my dad, my sister's boyfriend, Mister Priapus and I were leaving Houston.

When we got to Abilene on early Thursday morning, my mother asked me to take a look at a sore on her back. The "sore" turned out to be a massive staph-infected boil from which greyish-green puss was draining freely. It took both me and my sister-in-law (who's a nurse) to convince her that she needed to see a doctor right then instead of waiting for her next scheduled doctor's appointment.

We took her to the doctor, who drained the boil as best he could, then packed it with gauze to help draw out the infection. He also prescribed some antibiotics to help fight the infection. When we took her back on Saturday for a follow up, the doctor was not satisfied with her improvement, and admitted her to the hospital. Currently, she's in the same ward as my sister.

That's pretty much how my Thanksgiving holiday went.

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Get Thunderbird

Listed on BlogShares

Who Links Here