Sunday, August 21, 2005

Greetings from New Orleans

I'm sitting here in a hotel room in New Orleans, puffing on a rather fine cigar I got from The Cigar Factory on Bourbon Street, and yes, Mr. Priapus, I bought a couple of cigars for you.

I've been visiting with Star for most of the day. She's doing well and is managing to keep her spirits up. We managed to keep my impending arrival a secret as I wanted to surprise her when I walked into her room this morning. I'll post some pictures when I get home and can download them into my desktop machine since I forgot to bring the USB cable for my camera.

After leaving the hospital so Mike and Star could visit without interruption, Dad and I checked into a hotel here on Canal St. - just up the road from Bourbon Street. I took a short nap, then headed out to see some of the sights. Ok, ok. I went to wander up and down Bourbon Street. I really enjoyed it. Hopefully, next time I can make it to New Orleans, it'll be under better circumstances and will have time to see more of the city.

Mike and I are planning to visit for a little while tomorrow then we're going to hit the road back home to Houston. If I'm unable to post again before we leave N.O., then I'll see you all back in Houston.

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Get Thunderbird

Listed on BlogShares

Who Links Here