Thursday, June 16, 2005

Rampant incompetence

Back in April, I experienced an outage of my internet service at home for a period of approximately three weeks. Time Warner claimed that I would be creditted for the time that I was down.

Here we are, two billing periods later, and that credit has yet to appear on my account. I called TWC, and they claimed to have NO RECORD of me calling to report any outage. They did, however, have records of several technicians - on three separate ocassions - being dispatched to check out the lines in and around my apartment to fix the problem.

When I asked the clueless person on the other end of the phone, since they have no record of me calling, if they routinely send out techs to the residences of random customers, all she could say was "uhhh....I don't know."

Naturally, I asked to speak to her supervisor, and the supervisor was even more clueless than the person to whom I was originally speaking. It took some dancing around the issue, but I pursuaded the supervisor to see things my way. Of course, it took a threat to have the Texas PUC crawling up their asses with a microscope to do it....

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!

Get Thunderbird

Listed on BlogShares

Who Links Here